I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Poker Alice - Pizza in Lake City, Colorado

   *** Update - Poker Alice closed permanently  ***

Earlier I posted about one of my favorite pizza places in the Rocky Mountains - Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs, Colorado.  Now I want to tell you about another great pizza restaurant in Southwestern Colorado.
Photo from Lakecity.com

Poker Alice sits on the southern end of the main road through Lake City, Colorado (CO 149 a.k.a. Silver Thread) which is the opposite end of town from the awesome Lake City Bakery.  

Poker Alice has both indoor and outdoor seating.  I prefer sitting outdoor and enjoying the view of the surrounding mountains.  The restaurant is named after Alice Ivers Tubbs, known as Poker Alice, the well known Wild West female poker player.
Poker Alice welcomes visitors - photo from Poker Alice Facebook
The eatery has an array of beverages to choose from including soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, espresso, chai tea , tea, shakes, smoothies, beer and wine.  A breakfast buffet is available each morning until 11:00 a.m., but be aware they are closed on Sundays.

Lunch and dinner options are plentiful.  Sandwiches, salads, pizza by the slice, soup, hamburger, pasta dishes, calzones, wraps, pizza pies and more are on the menu.
How about some pepperoni and bacon?!
Fresh pizza is the specialty of the house. Fresh ingredients and great timing make for hot satisfying pizza and other great dishes.  My sister and her family eat at Poker Alice's each time they are in Lake City (and they aren't the type to go back to a bad place).

When riding the Silver Thread and you get ready to eat squeeze the brake and stop at Poker Alice Pizza, you will be glad you did.  If you happen to be there for lunch on June 25, 2015 you might catch me there!

2 comments:

  1. Damn. Looks tasty. It is only 9 am and I am hungering for pizza. I don't think one can eat too much pizza in life can they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think one can eat too much pizza, especially when is good pizza!

    ReplyDelete