I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kay's - a good way to start the day.

If you have read many of my posts you know that I am a sucker for a good breakfast.  During the regular work days I have cereal 95% of the time, but when I am out riding I love to have a big breakfast and then just snack or eat a light lunch.

While riding from Texas to Des Moines, Iowa my lifelong friend Don and I camped at the Lake of the Ozarks State Park near Osage Beach, MO.  After packing up the next morning we stopped for gas and asked the attendant for a recommendation for breakfast.  She told us where to find Kay's Restaurant - 4196 Hwy 54 - just up the road a little from where we were.
Sunny June morning at Kay's
When we arrived there were several vehicles in the parking lot which is usually a good sign.  When we entered we were greeted with a friendly smile and southern hospitality.  The hostess/waitress seated us and asked if we wanted coffee, juice, or something else.

While she prepared our drinks we scoped out the menu and there were a lot of good sounding choices.  For the last 4-5 months I had been eating French toast instead of pancakes, but this time the order included French toast & pancakes with one scrambled egg, hash-browns, and a sausage patty

Breakfast arrived warm and looked great!
The eggs were scrambled just right, not too dry and not runny.  The hash-browns were a golden brown and tasty. The sausage was a good old fashion patty with good flavor without being over seasoned.  The French toast was great!  Whole slices covered with the egg mixture, cook thoroughly, but not burnt, and ample butter and maple syrup were provided.  


 
 Fluffy old-fashioned pancakes.
The pancakes where fluffy and tasted great.  They were above average and big without being huge!  I finished my breakfast and I was ready to ride and would not need a snack or meal for quite some time.

If you are ever north of Branson, MO stop by Kay's.  You will find a great staff, a good atmosphere and delicious food.  If lunch or dinner are anything like the breakfast you will not go away hungry or disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have gained weight just from looking at your food pictures! The food does look good....!

    ReplyDelete