I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good German Food & good ride to get there!

Northwest of Dallas, TX is a small German community called Muenster. There are numerous ways to get there from the DFW metromess and most of them are really good. I personally stay off of US 82 and I-35 as much as possible. There will be a later post about my favorite route to get there, but for now lets talk about food!

On the north side of 82 sets The Center Restaurant (603 East Division St.), a family owned German restaurant. They serve a variety of schnitzel (a German favorite), chicken, steak, and seafood. They also have a nice salad bar.

The Center features a one of a kind Pagel Sausage that is awesome! It is an exclusive Pagel Family recipe and is my favorite! The German potato salad and sauerkraut make the Pagel Sausage plate an incredible meal. Other riders I have been with have tried other dishes and no one has ever been disappointed.

The dessert choices are top-notch. Of course they offer a variety of strudels along with pies and a great German Chocolate cake! My favorite is the coconut cream pie.

This is a great place to stop and eat after a great ride (or not so great ride - the food will make up for it).

How would rate this place? I would ride out of my way to eat at The Center. Y0u will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. This a right on type of deal, as I have been there and done that. The eat's and atmosphere is great!

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete