I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Tennessee Motorcycle Roads!

 

After almost 61 years I have moved from Texas and now a home owner and resident in Pulaski, Tennessee..  Born to lifetime Texans on a 163 acre Texas farm I never had a serious plan to move out of state.  But love and life has me excited about our move to Tennessee.  With the intertwining history of the two states I found a lot of positive similarities between Texans and Tennesseans; the friendliness, helpfulness, the wave when vehicles pass on rural roads, the independent spirit and the love for freedom.  

The rolling hills, rivers and historic sites are all around Pulaski and Tennessee in general.  Northwest Alabama is just 20 minutes from the house, the Natchez Trace is about 45 minutes away and the foothills of the Smoky Mountains can be reached in 2 hours or so.

2017 BTH tour - riding the Tail of The Dragon.  VFR1200 was a fun bike - wrap by NovoWorks

As I begin planning future motorcycle routes I find myself getting excited about the rolling hills, the running streams and rivers, the Smoky Mountains, the historic sites, the twisty roads and the light traffic.  I also love finding the "out of the way" eateries. I am looking forward to planning, organizing and enjoying another Beat The Heat tour.  I am excited to return to many of the places I have ridden before and visiting many new places.

 

BTH group enjoyed riding The Rattler
 

All of the possibilities of great riding prompted me to reminisce about past rides, trips and tours involving riding in Tennessee and/or west North Carolina.  I reviewed previous blog posts about some of those rides and smiled.  Check out reports from previous Tennessee trips and/or rides.  

Leave me a comment with suggestions of roads, sites and/or restaurants I need to riding in the upcoming months.

One of my favorite roads - Wayah Road i.e. CO road 1399

Tail of the Dragon - of course! 

Cumberland Gap and Pinnacle Point

Cherohala Skyway

Wheels Through Time Museum

The Rattler  

Connect and follow on social media

         https://www.instagram.com/ordinarybikeroz/?hl=en       https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009663932095
 
Please visit the following great companies:


https://dukecannon.com/?rfsn=3578014.7da392
Logo 468x120

Ordinary Biker Oz YouTube Channel has video reviews and more


* I have personally ordered from and/or visited this business and based on my experiences I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!

# Based on reviews, word of mouth and discussion with others I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!
 
Feedback on these businesses is appreciated.  You may comment below.

 

2 comments:

  1. You’ll enjoy Tennessee. Nice write up about the Rattler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes I believe we will enjoy it a lot.

      Delete