I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Update



Page changed to "Motorcycles Facts, Trivia and History" from Tuesday Trivia after two years of posting.

The Ordinary Biker Oz Motorcycles Facts, Trivia and Historypage is now 1 year old!  The first entry was made January 14, 2020 concerning a German engineer named Gottlieb Daimler. A new installment has been added each week, except for the week of June 30th (I was leading a week of riding in the Rocky Mountins of Colorado for some friends) and the week of Thanksgiving (I was in rural Mississippi visiting the in-laws and eating great country cooking).

I have learned a lot and learned I have a lot yet to learn.  The history of motorcycles and the men and women who have help to advance motorcycle technology, riding, racing, usage and enjoyment is interesting and creates a spirit of thankfulness to those who have ridden ahead of us.
The number of "failures" and disappointments are far greater than the successes and exuberant moments which make it to the "history books."  I often wonder how many versions of the first KTM motorcycle failed before the R100 was released (see September 22 post).  

How many riders died before T.E. Lawrence's death and Sir Hugh Cairns decided to develop safety motorcycle helmets (See July 14th's Trivia) and the development of rider safety gear that followed.

I look forward to learning, sharing and adding more Tuesday Trivia in 2021.  I hope you enjoy it and learn something new and interesting. 

It has also been a year of my affiliate relationships with Dainese and Duke Cannon.  As an affiliate, if a reader follows a link from here to the affiliate site and makes a purchase I get a small commission.  I have ordered and used products of both companies before becoming an affiliate and I still am a customer to both.  I enthusiastically recommend both companies and would even if I wasn't an affiliate partner with them. 

Thank you to the readers who have followed a link and made a purchase!  

Be safe and enjoy the ride and when not riding visit Tuesday Trivia, my most read review posts, my recommended venders page or the latest post at Ordinary Biker Oz.      Be sure to leave a comment and/or question.  I love hearing from you.
       
Connect and follow on social media

         https://www.instagram.com/ordinarybikeroz/?hl=en       https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009663932095
 
Please visit the following great companies:


https://dukecannon.com/?rfsn=3578014.7da392
Logo 468x120

Ordinary Biker Oz YouTube Channel has video reviews and more


* I have personally ordered from and/or visited this business and based on my experiences I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!

# Based on reviews, word of mouth and discussion with others I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!
 
Feedback on these businesses is appreciated.  You may comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much to share such an amazing article with us. I really enjoyed your article. Keep us updating with more informative articles. Also, Check out our latest Waterproof Motorcycle Pants.

    ReplyDelete