I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Viking Cycle Leather Vest Review

It is time for another motorcycle gear review.  This time I will be reviewing a leather vest.  I love the feel and smell of new leather.  The leather vest is part of the classic motorcycle rider apparel.  Finding a leather vest that fits and looks good is not always easy.

No longer is the traditional cut vest the only option.  There are numerous options for vests for riders today.  Leather, textile, denim, high-viz, black, brown...  Viking Cycles has numerous options.

My friends at Viking Cycle recently sent me a Gardar Leather vest to wear, test and review.  The Gardar leather vest features include a Mandarin collar, an evenly finished hem, two chest pockets with snaps, two slit hand pockets and covered front snaps.  The leather vest snaps are strong and will last.  This would be a great buy for a new motorcycle rider.
I love the feel and smell of new leather.
The inside of the vest include a zippered pocket, a chest slit pock and a phone pocket on each side.  I love the pockets!  The extra pockets provide for organization of items I usually carry.

The leather has a high grade feel and look.   Due to the caliber of the vest I believe it will be very durable.  The snaps are sturdy and easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves.  The zippers are sturdy and worked perfectly.

Three inside pockets on each side of the vest!

The lining is comfortable and is made from good quality nylon.  The finish of the entire vest is well done and stylish.  All materials used are of good quality.
I really liked the "feel" of the vest when wearing it.  It is substantial enough I could feel the weight, but not bulky or uncomfortable.  When riding,  the collision with a big bug will be absorbed by the vest and you might not even feel it.

The back of the vest is a great area for large patch or numerous patches, depending on your style.

The sizing/fitting of the vest is in line with the majority of vest sizing, so no need to adjust your sizing when ordering.

Now a word about Viking Cycle and Viking Bags.  I have had numerous communications with the company and they have always been friendly, respectful and timely.  The shipping department gets orders out quickly.  I have never had to return anything, but I suspect they handle returns quickly also.

You can also check out my review of the Viking Bags big tailbag from 2016.  It is a great addition to motorcycle storage.

C
Connect and follow on social media

         https://www.instagram.com/ordinarybikeroz/?hl=en       https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009663932095
 
Please visit the following great companies:


https://dukecannon.com/?rfsn=3578014.7da392
Logo 468x120

Ordinary Biker Oz YouTube Channel has video reviews and more


* I have personally ordered from and/or visited this business and based on my experiences I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!

# Based on reviews, word of mouth and discussion with others I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!
 
Feedback on these businesses is appreciated.  You may comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment