I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Monday, October 14, 2024

Shirts For Cooler Weather Riding That You Will Want to Wear Daily!

Living in the South I get to ride my motorcycle pretty much year-round.  Ice and snow will hinder riding 5-15 days each winter with an occasional "harsh" winter adding a few more non-riding days.  The main issue when riding during late fall to early spring is dealing with the cold temperatures.  That is where a high quality flannel shirt earns it's keep.

(*** I have not received nor will I receive any discounts, commission or any form of compensation from Dixxon Flannel.  Well, unless after this they want to send me some shirts :) ***)

Six years ago my son gave me a Dixxon Flannel long sleeved shirt, but now I have several of them so it is time to share my thoughts on the Dixxon Flannel shirts.  Richard gave me the "Bixby" flannel for Christmas.  What is a "Bixby?" Dixxon.com states the "Bixby" was "inspired b the grey's of the architecture and the lush green surroundings of Big Sur."  

The company makes a limited run of each design and many have special connections and color schemes to people, musicians, places, movies or things.  For example, the "Thriller Miller" was named after MotoGP motorcycle racer Jack Miller while the "Bixby"was a nod to the beauty of Big Sur.

The "Bixby" was perfect for an October breakfast ride.

Dixxon Flannels also have designs for Black Sabbath, Freddy Kruger, Fender "Stratocaster", Slayer, Autism Awareness, The Kramer (yes, Kramer from Seinfeld), S & S Cycle, Pantera to name just a few.  Dixxon states, "With superior quality, intentional design, limited drops and badass collaboration our products sell out fast and are often featured in extremely sought after collections."  The limited drops means you'll not be dressed like the next guy.

Dixxon collaborated with Jack Miller for the "Thiller Miller"

Dixxon Flannels was started by Danny Dreyer, a former Harley Davidson technician.  Danny "has unapologetically embraced the counter-culture he grew up around motorcycles, skateboards, tattoos and hardcore-punk music." - https://www.dixxon.com/pages/about-us

Armed with the knowledge and experience of what bikers want and need from apparel he has build company that produces high quality clothing with attention to detail.  

Left to right - The "Cove", inspired by the skate park in Santa Monica and the "Kramer" are two of my favorites.

Why are these shirts now my favorite shirts of all time?  Each shirt has an exclusive colorway (color combination and design) so I don't see the same shirt at events, shops and/or rides.  The quality of the fabrics, buttons, snaps and the workmanship is top-notch.  

Each flannel comes with hidden button downs for the collars and a soft microfiber triangle sewn to the left front, inside at the shirt tail.  The microfiber comes in so handy for cleaning sunglasses, glasses or phone screens or camera lens.

The microfiber is a very useful feature of Dixxon Flannels.

The fit and feel screams "quality."  I love wearing them and I have now purchased some of the short sleeved bamboo shirts, which are made to the same high standard.

The Dixxon short sleeved shirts are also high quality
 

The flannels are great for riding in cooler weather.  Instead of wearing a t-shirt and needing a jacket once parked at the latest toy run or other event, the flannel is warm and stylish and all I need when looking at all the other motorcycles and/or visiting with friends.  

The shirts are great for riding, a night out to a football game, church, going out for dinner or hanging around the house.  

I highly recommend you try one.  They are worth it and you will end up wanting another one.

Connect and follow Biker Oz on the following:

         https://www.instagram.com/ordinarybikeroz/?hl=en       https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009663932095
 
Please visit the following great companies:

 

Ordinary Biker Oz YouTube Channel has video reviews and more


* I have personally ordered from and/or visited these businesses and based on my experiences I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with the businesses, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!
 
Feedback on these businesses is appreciated.  You may comment below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment