I am an ordinary guy who enjoys riding motorcycles. I love riding all makes and models. I love short rides, long rides, and multi-day road trips. I post reviews about motorcycle gear, motorcycles, roads, restaurants, sights, gadgets and more. The Motorcycle Facts,Trivia and History page has a lot of good info. Be safe and enjoy the ride, Oz.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Quality earbuds and awesome customer service

Some riders love the sound of the engine while rolling down the road.  Some love the sound of the wind, road, exhaust or the combination.  While there are others who find listen to their stereo adds to the enjoyment of the ride and others ride while enjoying music through earbuds or communication systems.

I have always been one to have music playing while working, relaxing or riding. Nothing like some good Metal music while riding the twisties!

When I was riding the Yamaha V Star 1100 average earbud were sufficient since the windshield blocked so much of the wind and noise.  When I rode the Yamaha Venture  (until a Tahoe hit the bike) the stock stereo system worked great.  However; once I changed to sport-touring machines (Yamaha FJR and Honda VFR) the wind noise increased and quality earbuds were needed.
Budget earbuds
I used various "budget" earbuds and dealt with the lack of volume and sound quality.  My son, Richard, would ride his Kawaski Ninja zx600r and also listen to music.  For a Christmas gift last year (2014) I purchased a pair of Decibullz Custom Molded earbuds for him.  Included with the earbuds were two molds (there are 9 color options for the molds), 3 sets of soft isolation foam tips (3 different sizes for customization) and a nice rigid zippered storage case.
http://www.decibullz.com/
(photo from Decibullz.com)
The two individual molds were easy to customize, just follow the directions.  The fit was comfortable, outside noise reduction was noticeable and the sound quality was way above average.  Richard loved them.  Remolding is also easy if needed.  They can be remolded over and over.
Molds are easy to customize (photo from Decibullz.com)
After 3 months I decided to get me a pair and I am so glad I did.  Noise reduction was immediate and the sound quality was very good.  I wear them every time I ride and I enjoy my music with each turn.  They fit comfortably with my full-faced helmet.  Side note - if using with a full face helmet reach up and take the earbuds out BEFORE pulling the helmet off.

The workmanship is high quality and the customer service is great.  I have put the earbuds to the test and I highly recommend them.  Recently the pause/skip button on the cord stopped working.  I could listen, but I could not pause or skip. 
The cord is light, but durable and of adequate length
I emailed Decibullz on the following Monday to report the problem.  I received a prompt reply explaining a replacement set would be sent to me, I just needed to pay the shipping (which was $5).  A paypal request for the shipping expense was emailed to me.  Once payment was received the replacement set was shipped.  By Saturday I had a new set!  That kind of customer service is not common.
The storage case is very handy and useful
The molds work great at keeping the earbuds in place and reducing outside noise
If you need quality earbuds, for any reason, check out Decibullz and then enjoy the road with some of your favorite music.
 
Connect and follow on social media

         https://www.instagram.com/ordinarybikeroz/?hl=en       https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009663932095
 
Please visit the following great companies:


https://dukecannon.com/?rfsn=3578014.7da392
Logo 468x120

Ordinary Biker Oz YouTube Channel has video reviews and more


* I have personally ordered from and/or visited this business and based on my experiences I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!

# Based on reviews, word of mouth and discussion with others I recommend this company.  I have an affiliate relationship with this business, which means if you follow this link and purchase, I will receive a small commission and will get to ride more!
 
Feedback on these businesses is appreciated.  You may comment below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment